I’m temporarily suspending Tweetpeat Tuesday to bring you this important message. As I’m sure you’re all painfully aware the Circle of Moms Top 25 Funny Mom Blogs contest is currently in progress and has been for an excruciatingly long time in which the internets have been flooded with little pink circles and begging and cajoling and pleading and little else. This monster has taken over the blogosphere, interrupted regular blogging and all-around general loafing on social media and annoyed the heck out of everyone the world over. And, there was no way I wasn’t getting in on this action.
I thought, “Hey, I’m a mother. Hey, I have a blog. Hey, I’m pretty funny.” Sadly, what I neglected to think was “Hey, I don’t have many followers.” And not having many followers really hampers the whole voting thing. I can only vote for myself so many times, you know with the rules and all, and my votes alone don’t really amount to much. If it was up to me I’d vote myself all the way up to the top, and not have to bother anyone. But for some reason that’s not the way the world works. Why must you make things so difficult, world? So with only two days left I’ve decided to set forth all the reasons why I’m funny, if you didn’t know, and should be voted into the top 25 of the Top 25 Funny Mom Blogs.
Top 25 (give or take 15) Reasons* I Should be in the Top 25 of the Top 25 Funny Mom Blogs Contest:
- My blog has funny in the title. That alone should do it.
- The contest was mislabeled. It should read: “Top Funny Motha Blogs.” Then I could take all #1 through #25 slots. Or most of them. One Classy Motha would get a couple too.
- Funny people say Motha not mother.
- I left off the “r” for savings.
- I risked my life to put a Santa hat on my cat in the name of humor.
- I told the world about the goodness of Mallomars.
- I came up with the title “Sh#%ty Kitties.”
- I’m starting a Wine Commune, and anyone who doesn’t vote for me isn’t allowed in.
- I use humor for a higher purpose: To educate (see Word to your Motha).
- I made up Detached Parenting. What more do you need?
For these reasons could you click the circle? I’ll remember this come Wine Commune time.
Powered by Facebook Comments