@MomLibs 4 the drinks? Perfect.
All You Need Is…
So I’ve been blogging along in relative obscurity, toiling at the keyboard for days at a stretch, ignoring my kids to reach into the depths of my soul to create the best short form writing to document this period in human evolutionary history the world has ever known, which undoubtedly will provide a clear roadmap to future paleontologist as to the direct causes of our demise. Also because I wanted to bring a bit of humor to a little thing we like to call parenting.
I really tried to bring it, you know? But I don’t know if you know because it’s so hard to tell when you sit there all stone-faced and silent. I really wish you’d open up to me more. I’m not a mindreader. I really want to make this relationship work, but I can’t do it alone.
And there again, silence.
Are you even listening to me? Do you care? Why won’t you talk to me?
That’s how I feel most of the time I’m sitting here staring at the blank screen, watching the little cursor blink at me, taunting me, daring me to come up with something before I click over to check my site stats for the five thousandth time just to confirm nothing has changed from two seconds before and then switch over to see what’s happening on Twitter because I have to know if anyone replied to my tweet, which is always met with the same answer. No. But while I’m there Twitter suggests I might like to follow Barack Obama, and I think: Should I follow the president? How many followers does the President have? Would the President follow me back? How often does the president check his Twitter account? Ok, the president is probably not going to follow me back. His loss. Back to the blog, but maybe I should check my site stats first.
And then my good friend Sperky over at Sperk* hit me with some blog lovin.
- If I could I would read and do nothing else.
- I once slept in just a sleeping bag in the middle of the dessert.
- I have been to Times Square on New Year’s Eve (it’s not as much fun as it looks).
- I never particularly liked kids. Now I have two. They are turning out to be two people I actually enjoy being around.
- I occasionally play 90′s hip hop music my husband deems inappropriate for the children.
- I think my son may be the Frog Whisperer.
- I’m the founder of the Detached Parenting Movement. (I need to be the founder of something.)